Discerning Singaporeans who are able to evaluate media content effectively, and to use, create and share content safely and responsibly.
We work in partnership with Industry, Community and Government to promote an astute and responsible participatory culture.
Our main roles include
- Advising the Government on research, trends and developments pertaining to the Internet and media, and appropriate policy responses; and
- Developing public awareness and education programmes relating to media literacy and cyber wellness.
Through our work, we aim to
- Encourage users to take greater responsibility in media diet; display greater analysis of and to be educated in media choices; and to be alert to rumour and hate speech; and
- Encourage users to be more reflective about the ethical choices they make as participants and communicators and the impact they have on others; and
- Promote the Media Literacy Core Values.